USA APPLICATION PROCESS
For USA Student applicants
SBC’s mission is to empower servant leaders to follow Jesus, serve the Church, and engage the world.
Applicants should be graduates from an accredited high school or have equivalent standing. Please submit official transcripts of all previous education. A limited number of mature students who have not completed high school may be accepted. The college reserves the right to stipulate what preliminary entrance tests are required.
USA Student Advantages
Exchange Rate — USA students pay less based on the strong USA exchange rate.
Faster Degree Completion — SBC offers a unique 3 year BA degree which saves students time and money to complete their program.
- Faith Story
- $50 (CDN) Application Fee (non-refundable)
- Community Covenant and Guidelines
- Two references: your pastor, youth pastor or other church leader, and a teacher, employer or friend (non-family member), at least 21 years of age.
- Headshot photo
- Official transcripts
- Medical information
- Dorm (or Campus Housing) application form
At this point, SBC will process the application and contact the student regarding acceptance.
- Study Permit – Apply to Canadian Immigration and Citizenship for a Study Permit.
- Notify SBC – After you have received your Study Permit, please notify us and we will send you further information about registering for classes and tuition payment deadlines.
- Register – Register for classes for your specific program. We will email you the registration form.
- Medical Insurance – After you register for classes, we will purchase International student medical insurance for you through Guard.Me. You will need to choose the insurance coverage start and end dates in the registration form we will send you. The cost of this coverage is approximately $1.65 per day per person (so a stay of 365 days would cost $602.25) per person.
The school year runs from September to April with entry dates in September and January. There are no classes in the summer.
USA students pay Canadian student pricing. All amounts below are in Canadian funds. Please convert to USD using today’s exchange rate for accurate USA pricing.
Full payment of Tuition & Fees (and Room & Board if applicable) must be paid prior to the start of classes each semester.
For information on how to make tuition payments, contact the SBC Finance Office.
Tuition ($279 per credit hour)
Service Learning Credit
Books & Printing Fee
Insurance with Guard.Me
|Room & Board||Semester||Year|
Dorm Room & Board
Print Card (unused portion is refundable)
Administration Fee (eg. exam change, course extension, etc.)
Books (approximate per semester)
Athletics as determined by involvement
Lab & Retreat Fees as determined by course enrollment
Student Success Center
1, 2 & 3 Bedroom Bungalow Suites
1 & 2 Bedroom Apartments
(Includes Utilities and Internet Lite WiFi)
Dorm Room Damage Deposit
Please note, all fees and financial aid are subject to change.
Virtual Campus Visit
Get to know us from your home! As an international student, you don’t have the opportunity to come to our campus for a tour. Join us for one of our Virtual Campus Visits hosted throughout the year. Speak with the Admissions Counselor, hear from other students, be introduced to staff and faculty, and take a peak at our campus from where you are!
Study in Steinbach
The City of Steinbach isn’t just a great place to study – it’s also a great place to live and work!So many great reasons to call Steinbach home:
- Aquatic Center
- Abundance of Parks & Recreation
- Mennonite Heritage Museum
- Incredibly Clean & Green
- City Fairs
- Community Services
COVID-19 Travel Information
The Canadian government is processing study permits for international students.
We are approved by their province to reopen to international students who are currently outside Canada.
When you arrive in Canada, your health will be assessed before you leave the port of entry. You must have a plan to quarantine for 14 days when you arrive in Canada. This is mandatory, even if you have no symptoms. You must plan for this if you are traveling to Canada.
As of November 21, 2020, you must use the ArriveCAN app before checking in at the airport or crossing the border to submit your
- travel and contact information
- quarantine plan
- COVID-19 symptom self-assessment
Please bring your ArriveCAN receipt (electronic or paper) with you to show the border services officer upon arrival.
Online courses won’t affect your Post-Graduation Work Permit Program (PGWPP) eligibility. If your in-class courses are being moved to an online-only format or if you cannot travel to Canada because of COVID-19, you’re still eligible for the PGWPP.
EduCanada is a brand that supports the international education offer of Canadian provinces and territories. EduCanada and the leaf design is a trademark of the Government of Canada and is subject to a Master Licence Agreement between the Council of Ministers of Education, Canada (CMEC), and Department of Foreign Affairs, Trade and Development (DFATD)