USA APPLICATION PROCESS
For USA Student applicants
SBC’s mission is to empower servant leaders to follow Jesus, serve the Church, and engage the world.
Applicants should be graduates from an accredited high school or have equivalent standing. Please submit official transcripts of all previous education. A limited number of mature students who have not completed high school may be accepted. The college reserves the right to stipulate what preliminary entrance tests are required.
USA Student Advantages
Exchange Rate — Pay less based on the strong USA exchange rate.
Financial Aid — USA students are eligible for the SBC Academic Entrance Scholarship and SBC Bursaries. August 1 deadline.
Faster Degree Completion — SBC offers a unique 3 year BA degree so you save time and money to complete your program.
- Faith Story
- $50 (CDN) Application Fee (non-refundable)
- Community Covenant and Guidelines
- Two references: your pastor, youth pastor or other church leader, and a teacher, employer or friend (non-family member), at least 21 years of age.
- Headshot photo
- Official transcripts
- Medical information
- Dorm (or Campus Housing) application form
At this point, SBC will process the application and contact the student regarding acceptance.
- Study Permit – Apply to Canadian Immigration and Citizenship for a Study Permit.
- Tuition Deposit – Please send a $2,000 tuition deposit within 8 weeks to accept your letter of invitation (acceptance letter). This deposit is 100% refundable if you are unable to obtain a Study Permit. If you do obtain a Study Permit and choose not to study at SBC, your tuition deposit is forfeited.”
- Notify SBC – After you have received your Study Permit, please notify us and we will send you further information about registering for classes and tuition payment deadlines.
- Register – Register for classes for your specific program. We will email you the registration form.
- Medical Insurance – After you register for classes, we will purchase International student medical insurance for you through Guard.Me. You will need to choose the insurance coverage start and end dates in the registration form we will send you. The cost of this coverage is approximately $1.65 per day per person (so a stay of 365 days would cost $602.25) per person.
USA students pay Canadian student pricing. All amounts below are in Canadian funds. Please convert to USD using today’s exchange rate for accurate USA pricing.
Full payment of Tuition & Fees (and Room & Board if applicable) must be paid prior to the start of classes each semester.
For information on how to make tuition payments, contact the SBC Finance Office.
Tuition ($321 per credit hour)
Service Learning Credit
Insurance with Guard.Me
Residence Room & Board
|Per Sem.||Per Year|
|Dorm - Room, Board, and Meal Plan.*||$3,720.00||$7,440.00|
*Pricing is for 4 months (semester) or 8 months (year)
Based on double occupancy prices. Single occupancy prices are at $3,680/year.
Administration Fee (eg. exam change, course extension, etc.)
Books (approximate per semester)
Athletics as determined by involvement
Lab & Retreat Fees as determined by course enrollment
Student Success Center
1, 2 & 3 Bedroom Bungalow Suites
1 & 2 Bedroom Apartments
(Includes Utilities and Internet Lite WiFi)
Dorm Room Damage Deposit
Please note, all fees and financial aid are subject to change.
Tuition Refund Policy
After classes begin each semester:
- Students have two weeks to withdraw from a class for a full 100% tuition refund.
- Students have four weeks to withdraw from a class for a partial 60% tuition refund.
Visit our campus from the comfort of your own home!
Study in Steinbach
The City of Steinbach isn’t just a great place to study – it’s also a great place to live and work!So many great reasons to call Steinbach home:
- Aquatic Center
- Abundance of Parks & Recreation
- Mennonite Heritage Museum
- Incredibly Clean & Green
- City Fairs
- Community Services