Start Building Your Future
Come Visit Us
- Meet our Admissions Counsellor, Residence Director, students, and professors
- Tour the campus
- Dorm tour (if applicable)
- Explore program options
- Ask questions!
- What makes SBC unique?
- What programs do we offer that might be a fit for you and how do you decide?
- What things can you get involved with on campus?
- Are the dorms comfortable?
- How do student loans work?
Register for a specific day by clicking the button below! Here are the following days for a SBC Campus Visit:
Virtual Campus Visits
Join us for a Virtual Campus Visit via Zoom!
Don’t miss out on the opportunity to explore our campus, hear from the people that make up SBC, and ask the questions you need!
Can’t make it to one of these events? Book a personal one-on-one video chat with our Admissions Team any time! Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to connect!
Want to tour our campus wherever your are? Now you can with our 360 degree virtual tour!
Day in the Life of a College Student
Can’t make it out to a Campus Visit? See what an average day for a SBC students looks like below:
Get ready to take on whatever you have up for the day! Whether it’s a full day of class or a day to study and serve.
Start your day with a healthy balanced meal prepared by kitchen staff to help give your brain and body the energy and nutrition it needs.
Most of your classes will take place in the classroom setting, especially morning classes. However, with the practical hands-on opportunities, professors may occasionally choose to move a class to an alternate location for more creative learning
Breaks are important for re-setting the mind and body to help regain focus, increase productivity, and reduce stress
All classrooms are equipped with up-to-date technology allowing for live-streamed learning for those at a distance.
Students and staff gather for chapel every day. A time to worship, pray, and reflect together as a student body. Once a week, in place of chapel, all students break into Ministry Formation Groups where a faculty advisor will meet with the small student groups in their chosen field of study
Many life-giving conversations and memories happen over shared meals. Faculty are also known to join students for lunches, furthering the mentoring and engaging in conversations about life.
The library and the Higher Grounds Café are great locations on campus for students to study and work on assignments in a quiet space.
Afternoon flex classes, part 2 of your morning class, will have a flex approach allowing for group work, live-online class discussion, and a more creative learning style beyond classroom lectures.
Get a bit of exercise in the fitness centre with a variety of exercise equipment. Keep a healthy body and mind. Or join a futsal or volleyball team or running club for fun and fitness.
Have food allergies or restrictions? Our staff can accommodate that. Looking for a change of scenery? Head out for supper at one of the many restaurants in town.
Take some time to relax and connect with your friends. We recognize and value the balance in study and self-care and building into the relationships you’ve formed
Weekly Service Learning placements gives the student experiences in serving God and His Church at local organizations or churches within Steinbach or a surrounding community. This is an important part of the educational program at SBC.
A good time to get some reading in. All students will read through the entire Bible in their first year at SBC.
Back to dorm for a good night’s rest. Tomorrow’s a new day of learning, connecting, and serving
SBC’s mission is to empower servant leaders to follow Jesus, serve the Church, and engage the world. Applicants for admission to SBC should be professing Christians, willing to grow in discipleship in line with SBC’s mission.
Applicants are required to commit to and comply with SBC’s Community Covenant and Guidelines.
The basic requirement for admission to SBC is Manitoba Senior High School Diploma, or equivalent.
A limited number of mature students who have not completed high school may be accepted. The college reserves the right to stipulate what preliminary entrance tests are required.
We are so glad that you have chosen SBC as your educational institution. We look forward to walking through the application process with you.
- Personal Information
- Academic Background-official transcripts required
- Community Covenant and Guidelines
- Application Fee
- Faith Story
- Financial Plan
- Head-shot Photo
- Medical Information-(to be signed by a parent if under 18) Please note: Province Medical Insurance covers Canadian students while attending the college.
- Residence/Campus Housing
- Two References: your pastor, youth pastor or other church leader, and a teacher, employer or friend (non-family member), at least 21 years of age.
For International student applicants applying from outside Canada or the US.
1. COVID-19 TRAVEL INFORMATION
The Canadian government is processing study permits for international students.
The Steinbach Bible College is on the IRCC list of designated learning institutions (DLIs) with an approved COVID-19 readiness plan.
We are approved by their province to reopen to international students who are currently outside Canada.
When you arrive in Canada, your health will be assessed before you leave the port of entry. You must have a plan to quarantine for 14 days when you arrive in Canada. This is mandatory, even if you have no symptoms. You must plan for this if you are traveling to Canada.
As of November 21, 2020, you must use ArriveCAN before checking in at the airport or crossing the border to submit your
- travel and contact information
- quarantine plan
- COVID-19 symptom self-assessment
Please bring your ArriveCAN receipt (electronic or paper) with you to show the border services officer upon arrival.
2. APPLICATION DEADLINE
It is recommended that your application to SBC be complete six months prior to your study start date (by March 1st for the following September). Early application is advised.
3. ADMISSION STANDARDS
SBC’s mission is to empower servant leaders to follow Jesus, serve the Church, and engage the world.
Applicants for admission to SBC should be professing Christians, willing to grow in discipleship in line with SBC’s mission. Their character and conduct must be compatible with the standards of the college and they must be willing to submit to the college Community Covenant and Guidelines.
Applicants should be graduates from an accredited high school or have equivalent standing. International students should submit official transcripts of all previous education. A limited number of mature students who have not completed high school may be accepted. The college reserves the right to stipulate what preliminary entrance tests are required.
- We require all applicants whose first language is not English to adequately demonstrate English competency as a part of the application process. Approved English Tests include: IELTS, TOEFL, DUOLINGO English Test or join our pathways agreement with Heartland International English School before attending SBC.
- Solicit financial, moral, and spiritual support from home church and/or family.
- Complete your International student application:
- $100 Application fee
- 2 references-name/email
- 1 headshot photo
- Official transcripts
- Medical information
- Housing application form (if applicable)
- Tuition Deposit – Please send a $2,000 tuition deposit within 8 weeks to accept your letter of invitation (acceptance letter). This deposit is 100% refundable if you are unable to obtain a Study Permit. If you do obtain a Study Permit and choose not to study at SBC, your tuition deposit is forfeited.”
- Study Permit – Apply to Canadian Immigration and Citizenship for a Study Permit.
- Notify SBC – After you have received your Study Permit, please notify us and we will send you further information about registering for classes and tuition payment deadlines.
- Register – Register for classes for your specific program. We will email you the registration form.
- Medical Insurance – After you register for classes, we will purchase International student medical insurance for you through Guard.Me. You will need to choose the insurance coverage start and end dates in the registration form we will send you. The cost of this coverage is approximately $1.65 per day per person (so a stay of 365 days would cost $602.25) per person.