SBC Run Club
Run any 6 of our designated SBC running routes* before October 31 and receive a FREE SBC Running Shirt
*More routes still to be added.
How does it work?
- Join Strava
- Join the SBC Fitness Community club on Strava to make it easier to follow and encourage your fellow runners at SBC
- Click on a route below on your phone with the Strava App installed
- Run the route
- Collect your prize! — After running any 6 of the routes, show Pat Martens or Dalen Kroeker your success on the Strava app to receive your free SBC Running Shirt!
The SBC running Shirt sponsored by Plains Edge (Plains Edge is a local consulting company that assists non-profit organizations like SBC in making effective use of their money and time.)
ADPenner – 4.2kmEnjoy the trail that starts at the Aquatic Center and winds through the AD Penner Park and the Georgetown development.
The Box – 7.2kmSteinbach used to fit neatly inside this square mile. This route has nice wide sidewalks for nearly the entire run.
Abraham – 7.8kmHead out to the Bush Farm trail and then over to “Abe’s Hill.” In the winter, you may want to head back here for some sledding.
Starlight – 8.7km
For the ambitious. If you run this at about 6 AM in mid-October, here’s what you’ll see in the sky:
- As you set off north and leave the city lights behind, you’ll see the big dipper standing on its handle, ahead and to the right. Just behind your right shoulder, the brightest star in that section of sky is Regulus, two or three fists above the horizon. Regulus is actually a double star, and is about 79 light years from us, fairly close as stars go.
- After you turn left on Clear Springs Road, look way up and a little left to locate a tight cluster of bluish stars, the Pleiades, or Seven Sisters. There are actually about 800 stars there, but without a telescope, you’ll probably pick out severn or eight.
- After a mile, turn left on Road 33E and enjoy the constellation Orion, the hunter of Greek mythology, with his belt of three stars. Trace a line from Orion’s belt left and down to the brightest star Sirius, or up and right to Aldebaran (and on to the Pleiades, if you didn’t find them earlier).
- A glimpse of the riches of the winter sky.
Stone Bridge Crossing – 6.6km
Enjoy the views and the distance, maybe try the zip line at A.D Penner park while your at it!
Narnia Resemblance – 4.1km
Enjoy the lights that have been thought to look like the ones in Narnia! What do you think?
*Watch for more routes to be added.