FACULTY & STAFF
Indigenous Student Advisor,
Community Life Director
Josh Dueck is serving as the Indigenous Student Advisor in Student Services at Steinbach Bible College.
I love journeying with young people as they explore and decide for themselves why Jesus is worth following and worshiping. I love the process of inviting students to engage in community, knowing that the local community of the followers of Jesus forms part of the global community of the followers of Jesus.
I believe that the Church, the Body of Christ is most fully displayed when followers of Jesus from all tribes, nations and tongues are represented. I give God glory for the ability to float well between Indigenous and non-Indigenous cultures and take great pleasure in being a guide for Indigenous and International students. I am also honored by opportunities to guide non-Indigenous followers of Jesus as they seek to understand how Canadian Church and Government history has shaped and influenced the image bears of God who lived here long before European settlers and how to form meaningful cross-cultural relationships.
If we are not playing board games, my wife Helyn and our four young children can be found on the land or in the swamp harvesting whatever might be in season.
- BA, Christian Studies, Steinbach Bible College, 2020
- Youth Leader, Steinbach EMC, 2006 – 2011
- Camp Ministry, Gimli Bible Camp, 2004-2006, 2020
- Camp Leadership, Red Rock Bible Camp, 2011-2018
- Church Council, Steinbach EMC, 2020 – Present
- First Nations Ministry Committee, EMC, 2020 – Present
- Chaplain, Steinbach Bible College, 2020 – 2021
- Indigenous Student Advisor, Steinbach Bible College, 2021 – present
- Indigenous Student Advisor
- Community Life Director