FACULTY & STAFF
Carl Loewen, MA
Director of Online Learning, Professor, Missions
Carl Loewen is the Missions professor and serves as the Director of Online Learning at SBC.
I lead the Mission Exposure program at SBC and have taken teams of third year students to locations like Mexico, Germany, Uganda and the Philippines. I enjoy mentoring students while we serve on mission together. This helps them to apply classroom theory, and explore ministries that Jesus might be calling them to. I love seeing students get excited about the Gospel and the Word of God! I also enjoy teaching courses like Intro to Mission, Acts, Cultural Anthropology and World Religions, and build my lectures around mission stories and Biblical principles. I have been involved in cross cultural ministry for most of my adult life. As missionaries with ACTION, my wife and I launched the Honest Hands Discipleship Home in 2001 for street youth and school drop outs. We returned to Canada in 2012, and after serving for a few years in community ministry at Steinbach EMC I began teaching at SBC in 2014.
- B.A. Biblical Studies, Providence College, 1994
- University of Winnipeg, 1995
- M.A. in Christian Studies, Providence Theological Seminary, 2009
- Youth leader, Pleasant Valley EMC, 1998-1999
- Missionary, ACTION Philippines, 2000-2012
- Community Pastor, Steinbach EMC, 2012-2014
- Faculty, Steinbach Bible College, 2014-present