ACADEMIC ENTRANCE SCHOLARSHIPS
Academic Entrance Scholarships (AES) are awarded to incoming students based on High School grades.
High School Average
- 90-100% = $1,000
- 80-89.9% = $500
How is your GPA Calculated?
Your AES amount is based on your high school academic achievements. Your high school average will be calculated on the basis of your top five approved Grade 12 courses. At least three of the five must be academic courses, one of which must be an English course.
If you have not completed grade 12, your AES will be calculated based on your grade 11 grades. If your grade 12 grades are higher than your grade 11 grades, your AES will be adjusted upwards. Your AES will not be adjusted downwards if your grade 12 grades are lower.
Am I Eligible?
You are eligible to receive an AES if:
- You are entering your first year at Steinbach Bible College;
- You are not transferring in more than 18 credit hours from another higher education institution;
- You have graduated with a High School diploma (or equivalent) within the past five years;
- You have at least three academic courses in grade 12 with one being academic English;
Recipients must maintain full-time student status (12 or more credit hours of SBC courses per semester).
Recipients must maintain a 3.0 GPA (Grade Point Average) in their first semester to be eligible to receive AES funding in their second semester of studies.
Disbursement of Funds
Funds will be split equally between semesters of full-time study in your first year of studies.
- Submit your Steinbach Bible College student application by August 1 (fall semester) and December 1 (winter semester).
- No scholarship application is necessary to receive this AES funding.
- In August after we have received your High School transcript, we will send you a finalized amount of the AES you will be receiving.
Students receiving other SBC scholarship financial aid may be ineligible for AES funding.
Pursuit students are not eligible for AES funding.
Terms and conditions of the AES program are subject to change.
Special Thanks To…