Updated Monday, November 30, 2020
Semester 2 Plan
We are anticipating another great semester of growing biblical foundations in Christ-centered community! Here is how this will look in January 2021 in light of our current Covid-19 reality.
Second semester will be starting one week later than originally planned. Classes will begin online only on Monday, January 11th.
Pending guidance from MB Health and Steinbach’s level on the Pandemic Response System, in-person classes will resume the following week, beginning January 18th.
Later in the semester, Spring Break is scheduled to occur February 22-26 and Graduation is planned for April 24th. We hope that more time over Christmas Break will give you additional opportunity to rest after a challenging first semester.
Stay tuned for updates on Mission Exposure.
Dorms will open for residence student arrival on Sunday, January 17th with all level restrictions in place.
Students arriving from within Canada from east of Terrace Bay, ON needing to quarantine in dorm from January 3-16 need to contact Randi Rempel to make arrangements.
International students arriving from out of country will need to quarantine for at least 14 days. Please contact Randi Rempel to make arrangements.
Semester 2 Schedule Summary
- January 11: Classes begin online for 1 week
- January 18: Classes begin in-person (dependent on Pandemic Response System Level and guidance from MB Health)
- If we are unable to resume in-person classes on the 18th, they will resume when it is safe to do so.
- February 22-26: Spring Break
- April 24: Graduation
Semester 1 Conclusion
Our Southern Health-Santé-Sude region of the province has been moved to Critical (Code Red) on the Pandemic Response System effective today for at least four weeks (see the Manitoba Health website for details).
SBC is responding to the change in the following ways:
- For the remainder of the semester, all classes will be delivered online only, starting Thursday, November 12.
- Residence students who are able to create a good learning environment in their homes are encouraged to return home for the remainder of the semester. Students returning home will have their room and board credited to their account at a prorated rate based on the week they moved out.
- Those who are unsure of their ability to succeed academically in their homes will be allowed to stay in residence, pending approval of the residence director.
- Those that remain in residences are subject to all Code Red Restrictions including limiting their contacts to only those within their campus family unit and avoiding all non-essential trips off-campus.
- Office hours will remain at 8:30am to 4:30pm. Staff are encouraged to work from home if they are able.
- To assist our students in finishing the semester well, we will be allowing students, who have poor study conditions at home, the opportunity to sign up to study in the SBC Library. Limited spaces available.
- Chapels will be fully online.
- Service Learning is on pause unless it can be done virtually.
As We Wait, we now have another opportunity to…
“Rejoice always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.” 1 Thess 5:16-18