Bachelor of Arts - Ministry Leadership
Rob Reimer, Dmin
The Ministry Leadership program is intended for students with a sense of God's call, personal desire, and affirmation by their churches for Christian leadership.
The program equips students for ministry leadership with biblical foundations, an understanding of our world, and ministry focus areas. Students participate in challenging leadership experiences with supportive leadership coaching by faculty and experienced ministry practitioners.
- Commitment to God's mission, leadership, responsibilities, and the role of the Holy Spirit in mission.
- Identify evangelical Anabaptist convictions essential for biblical ministry.
- Expand the practice of prayer for sustaining lives of service to God and people.
- Develop persuasive communication skills in written, verbal, and media.
- Understand principles of conflict resolution and resource management.
- Demonstrate qualities and skills for innovative servant leadership.
- Develop a philosophy of ministry revealing awareness of contemporary issues and a love for the church.
- Discern future level of involvement in ministry through mentored assessment of competencies.
Future Ministry OpportunitiesGraduates have pursued ministry leadership careers including pastoral ministry, children's ministry and youth ministry.
Biblical & Theological Studies (36 credits)
|BI111||Introduction to the Bible: Old Testament||(3 credits)|
|BI121||Introduction to the Bible: New Testament||(3 credits)|
|BI122||Life and Teachings of Jesus||(3 credits)|
|BI203||Biblical Interpretation||(3 credits)|
|TH101||Spiritual Formation||(3 credits)|
|TH231||Christian Theology||(3 credits)|
|BI/TH-||Bible/Theology Elective (9 credits)||(9 credits)|
|BI31-||Old Testament Elective (300 Level)||(3 credits)|
|BI32-||New Testament Elective (300 level)||(3 credits)|
|TH3-||Anabaptist Theology Elective||(3 credits)|
Arts & Sciences (36 credits)
|EN101||English Literature and Composition I||(3 credits)|
|HU222||Anabaptist History||(3 credits)|
|HU22-||Christian History Elective||(3 credits)|
|HU373||Faith and Science||(3 credits)|
|FA-||Fine Arts Elective||(3 credits)|
|SS-||Social Sciences Elective||(3 credits)|
|SS223||Interpersonal Processes||(3 credits)|
|-||Arts & Sciences Focus Area Elective||(3 credits)|
|--||Arts & Sciences Elective (6 credits)||(6 credits)|
Ministry Studies (30 credits)
|CM101||Ministry 1: Introduction to Ministry||(3 credits)|
|CM201||Ministry 2: Intercultural Ministry||(3 credits)|
|--||Ministry 3: International Ministry or Practicum||(3 credits)|
|CM401||Ministry 4: Integrative Ministry Seminar||(3 credits)|
|CM402||Leadership Principles||(3 credits)|
|CM303||Management Principles||(3 credits)|
|--||Ministry Internship or Practicum||(12 credits)|
Open Electives (26 credits)
Field Education (7 units)
Total Credits 128
Course is available to be taken online.