Thank you for taking the time to get to know us better! We recognize that you, as parents, are a significant influence in your son/daughter’s life and desire to see them walk with God. At SBC, we want to encourage you and walk alongside you in mentoring your son/daughter. We desire to help them become mature, passionate followers of Jesus.
On this page is information important to you as you consider Bible college education for your child.
If you cannot find what you are looking for or have questions, feel free to contact SBC Admissions or call at 1-800-230-8478 ext. 232. God bless you as you help guide your son/daughter in making this significant decision!
Why Should I Encourage My Son or Daughter to attend Steinbach Bible College?
A very good question. Talking to parents of students who have attended a Bible college will give you answers as varied as each individual.
The following list suggests some reasons for attending SBC:
- Former and Current students of SBC will readily tell you that their professors care about more than their students’ grades. The professors here care about the intellectual, emotional, social and physical wellbeing of their students. Their “open door policy” invites students to walk in to faculty offices to chat with professors about classes, things going on in their lives, or whatever is on their minds.
- No matter which program your son or daughter will be in, every class they take will be taught from a Christian perspective by a highly qualified professor.
- SBC encourages spiritual growth – not only in the classroom, but also in all the students’ experiences— in the dorms, on sports teams, on tour, mission exposure, etc.
- Your son/daughter will be challenged in his/her faith and will have the opportunity to make their faith their own. What you have taught them is good, now they need to believe because they have found answers for why they believe what they believe. SBC can help them in this process.
- SBC is accredited with ABHE, which insures that students receive a quality education and helps ease the transfer of courses to other colleges and universities.
- As staff here at the college, we have seen many students come as shy, insecure high school graduates and leave as confident, passionate servant leaders. One experience that helps students in this transition is Mission X. This experience provides students the opportunity to put classroom learning to practical use. It takes them out of their comfort zone and helps develop their confidence in sharing Christ.
- Our dorms provide students with the amazing opportunity to experience life together with other students who are also committed to deepening their walk with God. The dorm community offers students a unique opportunity to develop lasting friendships. Dorm students are provided delicious, nourishing meals planned and prepared by our Food Services under the guidance of our professional Chef. No need to worry about your son or daughter eating three good meals a day!
- Bible College is an investment. Whether your son or daughter wants to take three years at SBC and go into fulltime ministry or take one year at SBC and go on to a secular college or university, it is worth it! Many Christian students who go into secular education find themselves without a solid Biblical foundation and many give up their walks with God before long. Bible College will give your son or daughter that solid foundation they need before heading out in other areas, preparing them for whatever comes their way.
Encourage your student to study at SBC and watch them spread their wings as they grow more confident in their walk with Christ while exploring what it means to become a servant leader in today’s world!