Bachelor of Arts - Christian Studies
The Christian Studies program is intended for students following the Spirit’s call to accomplish the mission of the Church in their communities. The program equips servant leaders with biblical foundations, an understanding of our world, and ministry focus areas. This program highlights spiritual formation and intercultural ministry experiences.
Graduates are servant leaders in their churches serving in areas of teaching, children’s ministry, counselling, missions, pastoral, worship, and youth ministries. Some continue in Christian seminaries and graduate schools, university studies, or vocational training. Graduates serve their communities in areas such as education, nursing, business, social work, TESOL, agriculture, and domestic life.
- Demonstrate proficiency in biblical interpretation and theological articulation.
- Apply the insights of evangelical Anabaptists to contemporary questions.
- Acquire experience and skills for ministering in international contexts.
- Develop integrative thinking skills for viewing life from within a Christian framework.
- Acquire an informed historical perspective on life and ministry.
- Express lifelong commitment to the Church and its ministries.
- Develop ethical thinking and problem solving skills for living with Christian integrity.
- Demonstrate skills for Christian ministry in general or in a specific area.
Biblical and Theological Studies (36 credits)
- Intro. to the Bible: Old Testament
- Intro. to the Bible: New Testament
- Life & Teachings of Jesus
- Biblical Interpretation
- Christian Spirituality
- Christian Theology
- Bible-Theology Elective (9 credits)
- Old Testament Elective (300 level)
- New Testament Elective (300 level)
- Anabaptist Theology Elective
Arts & Sciences (30 credits)
- English Composition
- Spanish or Humanities Elective
- Anabaptist History
- Christian History
- Faith & Science
- Interpersonal Communication
- Fine Arts Elective
- Arts & Sciences Focus Area Elective
- Social Sciences Elective
Ministry Studies Core (10 credits)
- Ministry 1: Intro. to Ministry
- Ministry 2: Intercultural Ministry
- Ministry 3: International Ministry
- Ministry 4: Integrative Ministry Seminar (1 credit)