Application Instructions for International Students
It is recommended that your application to SBC be complete by March 1st for the following September. The entire process could take 6 months to a year to complete, so early application is advised.
Applicants should demonstrate a desire to obtain their training in order to return to their home community for ministry.
See remaining Admission Standards.
- Complete Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) - allow a minimum of three months for this process. Code number 8854 has been assigned to Steinbach Bible College.
- Solicit financial, moral, and spiritual support from home church and/or family. Full tuition is to be paid prior to acceptance. Note: additional money must be raised for living expenses.
- Make application to SBC. Include TOEFL scores, $125 application fee (CDN), 2 references, 1 headshot photo, official transcripts, medical information, and housing application form.
- Make payment for full tuition, room & board, and other fees. These monies will be refunded if student cannot come. See amounts below.
- At this point, SBC will process the application and contact the student regarding acceptance.
- Upon official acceptance to SBC, apply to Canadian Employment and Immigration for a Study Permit. They recommend allowing at least 6 months to plan and prepare for your move.
- The school year runs from September to April (no classes in summer). Prepare to arrive in early September.
The following amounts must be paid prior to acceptance from SBC. All amounts are in Canadian funds. For information on how to make payment, contact the SBC Finance Office.
Note: We do not have any international scholarships available.
2012-2013 Fee Schedule
|Application Fee (non-refundable)||$125|
|Tuition & Fees||$6688|
|Field Education Fee||$210|
|Room & Board||$5240|
|Student Services Fee||$640|