- SBC is governed by the church groups who appoint representatives to the Board of the College:
Chortitzer Mennonite Conference
Evangelical Mennonite Conference
Evangelical Mennonite Mission Conference
- SBC is incorporated under the laws of the Province of Manitoba as a non-profit educational institution authorized to provide post-secondary education. The authorization to offer academic degrees has been granted to SBC by its constituent conferences and churches as indicated by the constitution, affirmed by the Department of Education and accepted by ABHE.
- SBC is a member of the Association for Biblical Higher Education (ABHE), the accrediting body for Bible colleges in Canada and the United States.
- SBC is a member of Christian Higher Education Canada (CHEC).
- SBC is a member of the Association of Christian Librarians (ACL) and the Prairie Association of Christian Libraries (PACL).
- SBC is a member of the Manitoba Colleges Athletic Conference (MCAC).
- SBC is a member of the Canadian Council of Christian Charities (CCCC).
- SBC is a member of the Association Business Administrators of Christian Colleges (ABACC).
- SBC is a member of the Evangelical Fellowship of Canada (EFC).
- SBC has been approved as a designated institution for the purposes of the Canada Student Loans Plan (CSLP) and for financial aid through most provincial Departments of Education.
- SBC is a member of the Canadian Association for Christians in Student Development (CACSD).
- CGA Manitoba will accept the SBC Bachelor of Arts degree as a requirement to enter their program.